E-commerce is taking over the world and it shouldn’t come as a surprise with the penetration of Internet in Singapore at a high percentage of 82% in 2017. That puts Singapore at the 12th spot on one of the highest percentage of internet penetration globally. As a result, e-commerce is gaining importance in Singapore because it delivers so much business and technological growth potential. While e-commerce continues to climb the ladder, the need for same-day delivery continues to attain significance.
What is Same Day Delivery?
Same day delivery allows customers to get their parcel in a matter of by end of day upon cart checkout. The service encompasses much more than just quick deliveries, it is also a personalized service that allows your customers to choose specific time slots for delivery, convenient tracking platforms, as well as door-to-door consignment. As such, more e-commerce shops are choosing to take the extra step to offer a more flexible and personable shopping experience to create that competitive edge to service their customers.
Here are some interesting statistics from Bigcommerce about what influences shoppers to buy online:
- 66% of online shoppers have decided not to buy an item because of shipping costs.
- 72% of females and 59% of males have decided to abandon their purchase because of shipping costs.
- 34% said difficult to return items and long delivery estimates were also a pain (indicating a desire for same-day delivery).
- 49% of cite not being able to touch, feel or try a product as one of their least favorite aspects of online shopping.
Now, what do you do about these statistics?
It’s easy to brush these numbers away, but deep in your heart, you know these cold hard facts should motivate you to change something in the way you are doing business. From the 4 facts above, there are 2 things we can be sure of:
- Shipping costs affect whether a customer proceed to checkout from their shopping basket or not.
- Long delivery times have proven to be a huge pain point either for expecting an item or for returning an item.
Qourier to the Rescue!
At Qourier, we leverage on freelancers to complete our deliveries. That is how we are able to maintain our flat rate island-wide deliveries! With Qourier’s low shipping costs and same-day deliveries, you’ve resolved your customer’s biggest pain point! Here are new shipping features you can offer your customers with Qourier:
- Choose specific time slots for delivery.
- Efficient door-to-door Delivery.
- Convenient tracking platform.
- Same-day return services.
We believe that convenience is key to going the extra mile for your customers, thus if you’re looking for a stress-free Qourier service, look no further, sign your business up here, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.